!! DISCLAIMER !! This site may contain Amazon & other affiliate links.
This means if you click on one of the product recommendation links, this site may receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and may include exclusive discounts when possible. This helps support this site and allows us to keep making content like this. Thank you for your support!
Father’s Day Messages and Tributes Your Dad Will Cherish
It is the perfect time to thank your father or honorary father for all he has done for you. Send him a cool gift and write him a card that will touch even the toughest man’s heart.
There are plenty of Father’s Day messages on this site for any father figure that you would like to acknowledge on this special occasion, along with a couple of ideas on how to celebrate it from a distance.
Father’s Day is a great reminder to show gratitude to an incredible man who guides you through life whether you’re quarantined with your family or haven’t seen them in a while because you live far away.
All fathers come in all shapes and sizes, and no matter whether he was the man who raised you from day one, barely bothered to see you because he worked long hours to support your family, or you found him later in life — honor your father on this special day.
Whatever distance you live from this amazing man, a thoughtful, personalized Father’s Day card is the perfect way to express your affection and thanks. You can find the perfect Father’s Day message or quote to use in a card or letter here.
Father’s Day Messages To Funny Dads
Choose one of these hilarious messages or write down a funny memory you have with your dad. There is no other time to reminisce about funny adventures like Father’s Day!
- “Happy Father’s Day! Great talk, see you later.”
- The reason I smile is because you are my dad. The reason I laughed is that I cannot do anything about it.
- Happy Father’s Day! You’re welcome for making you a father.
- “Please accept this lame Father’s Day card as a symbol of my poor financial status.”
- “I hope you have as much fun this Father’s Day as you did before you became a father.”
- Happy Father’s Day! “Thanks for not giving me to adoption.”
- Although I may be grown up, I know this: I will always be a financial burden to you.”
- If you were expecting a Father’s Day gift, listen up. I’m yours. Happy Father’s Day!”
- From your favorite back pain, happy Father’s Day!
- “Dad, I want you to know: you’re one of my favorite parents.”
- It’s okay. At least you have me to be happy with. Happy Father’s Day, daddy!”
A Heartfelt Message You Can Send To Honor Your Dad On Father’s Day
Even if he refuses to admit it, these heartfelt messages will give the father figure in your life all the feels. Thank your father for being in your life.
- My whole life I have loved you. You have loved me since I was born, but I will always love you.
- You’re my hero, Daddy, thank you for everything.
- “A father is neither an anchor nor a sail but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.”
- Thanks for always being there for me when I needed some fun in my life, always being there for me as a friend and always being there for me as a parent. I couldn’t have done it without you.”
- “No matter how far I am away, you will always be with me, just as I am with you.”
- You have always been my compass, my anchor, and the one person I want to have by my side. Thanks for showing me how to handle life’s ups and downs.
- I am most proud of myself when I hear that the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. Thank you for being such a great dad.”
Father’s Day Messages For Your Husband
The father of your children deserves to be appreciated for the love and devotion he gives to you and your family. Whether he’s a new father or you’ve known each other for a long time, he will appreciate reading your words of love and comfort. To make it more special, give him a Father’s Day gift for your dear husband.
- Thank you for being an absolute dream dad and for loving our children.
- I appreciate how much you care for our family.
- “Thanks for proving you can look hot with a diaper bag.”
- I appreciate you going on this crazy journey with me. Happy Father’s Day!”
- Thank you for bringing up such strong, independent, intelligent, and kind children with me.”
- For Father’s Day, I want to express my appreciation to you for being a loving husband and a great dad to our children.”
- “I consider it such a blessing to have you as the father of our children.”
- “Our kids don’t need superheroes; they already have you.”
- Your way of dealing with our children proves just what an amazing guy you are.”
- “We would not be a family without you. I am thankful that you are such a great father.”
Father’s Day Quotes
Fathers are pretty awesome people. That’s probably why there are so many kinds, funny, appreciative things that people have said about theirs. Pick one of these Father’s Day quotes for the man you want to express your gratitude to.
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine François Prévost
- “A girl’s first true love is her father.” – Marisol Santiago
- “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” – Dan Pearce
- “No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” – Hedy Lamarr
- “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- “To be the father of a nation is a great honor, but to be the father of a family is a greater joy.” – Nelson Mandela
- ” A father’s tears and fears are unseen, his love is unexpressed, but his care and protection remains as a pillar of strength throughout our lives.” – Ama H.Vanniarachchy
- “My father taught me to work hard, laugh often, and keep my word.” – Michelle Obama
- “I decided in my life that I would do nothing that did not reflect positively on my father’s life.” – Sidney Poitier
- A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. – Billy Graham
- She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father – Harper Lee
- I realized being a father is the greatest job I have ever had and the greatest job I will ever have. – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. – Johann Friedrich von Schiller
- When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape. – Dave Attell
- My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future. – Liza Minnelli
- An almost perfect relationship with his father was the earthly root of all his wisdom. – C.S. Lewis
- Lately, all my friends are worried they’re turning into their fathers. I’m worried I’m not. – Dan Zevi
- I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week. – Mario Cuomo
- The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself but for his family. – Reed Markham
- To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. – Euripides
- A 2-year-old is kind of like having a blender, but you don’t have a top for it. – Jerry Seinfeld
- Being a dad isn’t just about eating a huge bag of gummy bears as your wife gives birth. It means being comfortable with the word hero. – Ryan Reynolds
- By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. – Charles Wadsworth
Father’s Day Messages From Daughters
With Father’s Day coming up, show your dad that he’s always your little girl and that you’ll always be his little girl with a Father’s Day DIY card and a sweet message.
- Hi Daddy, I love you!
- You are my role model. You always do what’s best for me and love me unconditionally.
- Cheers to you daddy! I wish you a day of relaxation and laughter!
- We may not get along all the time, but that’s how it should be because it means I’m growing up.
- You’ve taught me everything I know and always make sure I do well – now it’s my turn to take care of you.
- Because of you, my life is amazing! I feel so lucky to have you as my dad!
- Daddy, one word to describe how much I love you: forever! Happy Father’s Day!
Father’s Day Messages From Sons
You may not always hear them say it, but on Father’s Day, he deserves to hear your appreciation for raising you. If you’re struggling to find the right words, maybe these messages will inspire you.
- “What you teach your children, you also teach their children.”
- “Though we rarely express it out loud, I hope you realize how much I value you.”
- “A father is a man who hopes his son’s character is as good as he intended it to be.”
- “I am so glad I am your son. You will never cease to amaze and inspire me.”
- One of the most important qualities of a father is their ability to hold you up no matter your size.”
- The greatest gift my father could give anyone was the belief he had in me.
- “You have made so much of me who I am today. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me, dad.”
Father’s Day Messages For Grandfathers
On Father’s Day, send your father or grandfather a loving message to let him know how important he is to your family. Give him a Father’s Day gift to show how much you love your granddad.
- The only thing that could be better than you as a dad is for my children to have you as their grandfather.”
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.”
- “We hope you know how special you are to us. Thank you for being an amazing grandfather!
- I am glad to have you in my life. We love you!”
Father’s Day Messages For Other Father Figures
Finding a father figure in another man, whether he is your stepdad, your father-in-law, your uncle, or a good friend of the family, proves that fathers don’t have to share your DNA.
- “A man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.” — Anne Geddes
- “You’re more than my stepfather. You’re the dad who has stood up for me.”
- Your guidance and wisdom have helped me tremendously, so thank you.”
- Thank you for guiding me through life. You are the perfect father figure anyone could ask for.
- “I would not have made it without you; I am so thankful to have you in my life.”
- I am so glad to be able to call you family and you are the kindest, most loving person I have ever encountered.”
- You may not be my biological father, but you hold a special place in my heart.
- It brings me joy to know I have a father figure like you in my life.
Send the best Father’s Day quote, message, or joke to the father figure in your life. You can turn your Father’s Day card into something special by writing down a favorite memory or sharing what you want to do when you see each other again.
If you want to spoil this man, even more, consider sending him a Father’s Day gift basket filled with things to make this Father’s Day the best ever!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to greet a happy Father’s Day to your dad?
The best way to greet a happy Father’s Day to your dad is by spoiling him with gifts and kind words. Make his day extra special by making him a DIY Father’s Day card.
2. Do people prefer the old-fashioned way of celebrating Father’s Day or sending a text message, calling on the phone, or using social media channels like Facebook and Instagram to celebrate?
People actually prefer the old-fashioned way of celebrating Father’s day to texting and calling because it shows how genuine and sincere you are.
3. What is the best way to show your appreciation for your father on Father’s Day?
The best way to show your appreciation for your father on Father’s day is by spending quality time with him.